The World according to DocBrain

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Are you smarter than a 2 year old?

"Do you want a cookie?"

"Do you want to take off your shoes?"

"Do you want to watch the Wiggles?"

My granddaughter is so thoughtful, I thought. She keeps asking me all these questions.

Then I realized. These things she was saying were actually things she wanted me to say to her! Once I caught on, things went very well.

Sam: "Do you want a cookie?"
DocBrain: " Do YOU want a cookie?"
Sam: Nods head 'yes'!

So, I began to pay attention to what people around me say, and, surprise, that is exactly how most conversations go!

WifeBrain: "Did you feed the cats this morning?"
DocBrain: "You wanted me to feed the cats this morning?"
WifeBrain: Nods head 'yes'.

If you pay attention to what other people say, you will see that it is really related to what they want you to say back to them.

And surprisingly, you will find that it applies to yourself as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home